Friday, October 20, 2017

Friday Favorites



Welcome to the weekend, friends!

It's been a slow... yet fast week. Is that even possible?!

Tess and I spent all morning at the pediatrician's office trying to get urine from a 19-month-old. Yeah... super fun! Girlfriend has been running a fever all week so we are trying to figure out the cause. She's on antibiotics right now, but we will have some ultrasounds and a consult with a specialized doctor in a few weeks just to rule out anything.

All is good though! Just a very, very long Thursday!

This weekend we have Matt's dad and girlfriend visiting and his cousin Kyle coming in to the city (he's near for work) to watch the K-State/OU game so we will be busy showing off the city and praying the Cats offense shows up to play this week!

I feel like a beer will be needed for that one.

Anywho, Friday Favorites... here we go!


Who remembers me rattling on and on last year about trying to find a necklace that represented my three kids? 

Is everyone raising their hand? Because I feel like it was at least every other week that I brought this topic up! 

I'm so darn picky. THAT is the problem (and absolute truth). So I love the initial necklaces, but thought I wanted just one trinket on my neck, not three. Same with the circle charms. I love them, but I feel like I might sound like a cowbell coming down the road with three on. The bars also intrigue me, but I would just want one and then what do I put on the bar? 

Lisa Leonard Designs pop up on my Facebook feed a lot and I'm sure its because my best friend received some of her jewelry so then I looked it up and you know how creepy Facebook and Google are - they know every detail of your life. So Lisa Leonard is one my feed constantly! 

She actually has a bar necklace that I was intrigued by that I considered getting three stones put on to represent the three kids. I started browsing her necklaces and found this. And thought... "That might be it!" It's unique and different, it's sweet and soft. It has the inscription "bigger than the moon, brighter than the stars" on the back... I'd probably prefer to leave that out and have my own story for the three stars BUT... I'm digging this one! 


It's obnoxious how many times I have been to JCrew Factory lately. I usually walk out with nothing, too which is just awful! 

But every time I have been there, this coat has been staring at me. The color is SO pretty and I love to have one or two nice coats that are different than your standard black. 

So if you're in the hunt for a nice winter coat, look at the options at JCrew Factory! Good quality at good prices!



I have been hunting for this glass cloche jar for a very long time... or maybe since September (but doesn't early September seem like months ago at this point?). But they are pretty expensive and I was nervous about purchasing online and it being shipped and then being broken.

I had found one online at Hobby Lobby for $20 and wanted Lauren to go check it out. Then she got busy having a baby and all.

So Tess and I loaded up and drove 30 minutes outside of the city to the nearest Hobby Lobby. And though that seems a little irrational, I love to drive. And I love to drive outside of the city to open spaces! The suburbs are getting some pretty fall leaves, too, so I was OK with the drive (plus it doesn't seem like a 30 minute drive).

To Hobby Lobby we went to find this jar... and then I of course snagged a few other things, including this adorable sign. It comes with three panels of letters and numbers and punctuation so you should have plenty to work with! And as always, it was either on sale or I get 40% off with a coupon.

I of course can't find the link to the jar or the sign, but... both are at Hobby Lobby in the glass jar section and near the sign section.

I'll keep hunting for the links!

It is mid-October and I am already planning ahead for the months to come... and what comes with those months. 

At a parent party for Reece's class a few weekends ago, some of the moms were discussing how they get their kids to school when it starts snowing. Strollers become a hard option to push through the snow. One mom said she... used a sled. 

A sled, people. 

This is real.

And I lived through the real, legit snow in Minneapolis. But I didn't walk more than I drove in Minnesota, nor did I walk far to take my kids to school. 

I don't walk far here in Chicago, but there is much more walking going on than in previous years and a legit (and cute) snow boot is needed. Hence... Sorel

Don't even ask me how I came across these... but I did and oh my, am I glad I did! 

How adorable are these signs? They aren't large signs - 6"x7" inches. But I'd love to snag the states that we have lived in - how cute would they be on a gallery wall?! 

And even better news? They are on Amazon, so you know the process of buying will be a cinch! 


Everyone have a great and relaxing weekend! 

XXOO,
Allyson

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top