Wednesday, September 27, 2017

What's Up Wednesday



It's been awhile, but I'm excited to jump back in to 'What's Up Wednesday' ... just an extended version of 'Life Lately'! :)


What We're Eating This Week... We invited our sweet neighbor (and fellow Kappa) Shelby over for dinner on Monday. Shelby is 8.5 months pregnant and her husband travels during the week so she came over to eat and brought cupcakes (score)! I made Mississippi Roast in the crockpot and mashed potatoes in the Instant Pot, both recipes from Pinterest. Both recipes SO SO SO easy and SO SO SO yummy!


We will also do some Burrito Bowls with quinoa and leftovers the rest of the week - busy evenings in the Clark household this week!


What I'm Reminiscing About... My sister's due date was yesterday so of course, I have my phone turned up as loud as it can so when my brother-in-law starts texting me when she goes into labor (as he has been instructed to do), I won't miss anything!

And whenever someone else is about to have a baby, you can't help but think about when you had your own babies. And though it doesn't seem like that long ago, it's been almost seven years since Sloane was born.


Time, you go by at an extremely fast pace!


What I'm Loving... I am currently loving fall decor. And everything from Madewell. Insert eye roll emoji and dollar sign emoji. :)


What We've Been Up To... I blogged in early September how we went from having NOTHING to do in the summers to full-speed ahead with school! The kids are super busy! Sloane started a cooking class on Monday after school, Reece will start a soccer class after school on Friday. They have Catechism on Tuesday evenings and Sloane has dance on Thursday afternoons. We are constantly moving and for the most part, I'm OK with it! Just as long as I can get to the place we need to be when we need to be there, which is sometimes a problem for the Clark children!


What I'm Dreading... My current dread is anything and everything related to the post office. It's the biggest hassle about living here.

Which is ABSURD!

Two Dots had a major sale this past weekend and I had at least 10 boxes to ship out. But you can't schedule mail pick-ups here. And there isn't parking at the post office. So. I had to do this.


What a joke! AND I didn't even get all of the boxes! UGH!


What I'm Working On... I've been working hard on getting Two Dots social media (click here and here to follow us!) up to par as well as working on a new website for easy shopping! And I've been blogging. And taking kids to Timbuktu. And cooking. And cleaning. ;)


What I'm Excited About... MY BIRTHDAY! My birthday is Saturday and it's my favorite holiday of the year! I'm actually flying to Kansas City on Friday to meet my new nephew and watch my niece while my sister and brother-in-law are at the hospital. So I will be eating cake, Mr. Goodcents, hanging out with my brother, sister-in-law, nephew(s), niece, and watching K-State play football! DREAM!


What I'm Reading/Watching... Reading? Well... I'm still working on Becky Thompson's "Love Unending". But again, it will take me awhile! :) Watching? Matt and I just finished Hard Knocks on HBO, in between watching "This Is Us" over again since Matt hasn't seen it before. And also staying up to date with the Real Housewives franchise. New Jersey starts next week! WHOOP WHOOP! :)



What I'm Listening To... Well, it's that time of year. And if you all remember, this is when I listen to the Charlie Brown soundtrack until January. And actually, I yell at Alexa to play Vince Guaraldi and I get a nice mix of his stuff... that I love... and my kids get sick of by October! :)


What I'm Wearing... Well, for the last two weeks, I've been in whatever will keep me cool as we had a lovely heatwave take over Chicago! The fantastic news is that tomorrow, the heat wave vanishes and it will be 20 degrees cooler. So it's back to open windows, pants and smiles all around because no one is sweating! BUT... since it's my birthday, I'm hoping I'll be wearing these VERY soon!



What I'm Doing this Weekend... Please see "What I'm Excited About" -- exact same response! :)


What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month... We have SO much going on in October! We are traveling home to celebrate birthdays, we have visitors coming, it's Halloween, it's FALL.... October is one of my favorite months so I expect great things from it! As does Sloane. If I have taught her anything, it is to LOVE your birthday with immense passion. And she does! :)


What Else is New... A few extra goals for me in 2017 are to get Tess to drink from a sippy cup (still, a major struggle so any tips will be greatly appreciated!!!) and try and not use the pacifier as much.

One can dream! :)


Have a wonderful Wednesday friends... we are halfway to Friday!

XXOO,
Allyson














No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top