Friday, September 29, 2017

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!

I'm heading to Kansas City today to meet my newest nephew, Cohen Scott Alsbrooks, who was born on Wednesday night!


So I'll be spending my birthday holding a newborn, drinking Bud Light Lime and eating Mr. GoodCents while watching K-State play football. And hanging out with my family (minus my husband and children).

It will be a good weekend!

Here are your Friday Favorites!


The weather has finally turned Fall-like here in Chicago. Do I expect it to last long? No. I see 80 degree temps in our future again. BUT for now... I'm going to enjoy! It is beautiful outside!

And yet again, Abercrombie & Fitch (yes, THAT one) has me drooling over a fleece pullover again!

This Assymetrical Snap Pullover is such a great alternative to an old sweatshirt from 2001 (yes, I have those)! It's soft, it has pockets, it's warm. It's all the right things that we all need in our lives!


I'm a fan of supporting small businesses since I own (a few) small businesses! I came across this sweater on a blogger I follow and loved it! How cute to throw on over a solid chambray top and some jeans!

And hello, I'm obsessed with stripes so this had me at stripes. :)

Now... to find it for Two Dots...


Tess and I went to Nordstrom on Tuesday to do some blog research (that post will be coming to you next week) and you will most definitely see these jeans again next week.

I was hesitant about them for two reasons: cost and the buttons.

And here's what I will tell you.

I would pay the price and the buttons are amazing.

You guys, these jeans are sooooo wonderful. They are high-waisted (nothing extreme), they have stretch to them (thank goodness - does anyone wear jeans anymore that do NOT have stretch in them?) and the length was perfect (which is hard for this shorty).

The price? $135.

I texted Matt to ask him how much he'd pay for a good pair of jeans and he said $150.

And I"m all for him spending money clothes because it doesn't make me feel as bad when I want to do the same. Plus he wears jeans SO much that he needs to own some good denim.

But I'm in the same boat, I wear jeans SO much in the fall and winter. But the price tag is still haunting me which is why I didn't leave with them. But I'm telling you... I will have them.

I'm also telling you that it's OK to spend a chunk of change on GOOD JEANS. So... feel free to shop! :)

If you guys haven't checked out Target's new clothing lines, I suggest you find a good Target and take a look! Lauren and I did this recently and ohmagoodness, so much great new stuff! 

INCLUDING these high top sneakers! I actually had tried the exact pair in navy (these also come in Navy) at a Nordstrom Rack in Chicago way back in February and they were almost double the price. Now you can get them at your very own Tar-jay! 

They are comfy and so cute with denim... and maybe that cute Assymetrical Pullover I mentioned! Just a great option versus a tennis shoe! 

I honestly can't remember if I have mentioned this on the blog before so if I have, I'm doing it again! 

This is Candlelight ShadowSense from SeneGence (who owns LipSense). 

I. Am. OBSESSED. 

And I say this to you, not just as a person who sells this stuff, but because I am not going to push products on you that I don't love! 

You guys, this stuff is the most amazing CONCEALER as well as eye primer. It covers up anything and everything and I have already went through one tube in a few months. Because I obviously have way to much to hide on my face! 

I can't rave about this enough to you and I guarantee anyone you ask that has used it will rave as well.

I'm placing an order today for lip colors (check out my Lips Shop page if you are curious on colors) as well as more Candlelight, and a few other products I can't wait to try! If you're interested, shoot me a message! 


And that's it friends... have a wonderful weekend! I know I most certainly will! 

GO CATS! 

XXOO,
Allyson


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top