Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Weekend in Review



I had already planned to be in Kansas City the weekend of my birthday because I had high hopes that my nephew would make his appearance by then! We booked my flight and I didn't think twice about it.

Until the week arrives I'm suppose to fly out to meet him and he still hasn't arrived. And then they decide to set an induction date for my sister on Friday. The day I arrive. 

So... I started making new plans that included me getting my niece to her grandma's, hanging out at the hospital, remembering to bring my computer so when I'm hanging out at the hospital, I can torture Lauren with Two Dots stuff.

And then on Wednesday night, Cohen Alsbrooks decided that was the day... and also decided he was ready to be out in the world rather quickly. So my sister got to the hospital and delivered him all in under 2.5 hours. 

Back to plan A! 

My mom picked me up at the airport on Friday mid-morning, we went and had lunch and did a quick shopping trip at the Legends and then we picked up my niece from her daycare to take her home to see her mom and dad and meet her new baby brother. 

Little does she know her world is about to get flipped upside down!


We got to the house, Perry was SO happy to see her parents (especially her mom) and then gave a little head nod to Cohen and went on with her life.

Must be nice to be a two year old! :)


The rest of the weekend included celebrating my birthday, a Wildcat win, and eating a lot of food with the people I love (minus my own children and husband who stayed behind in Chicago).

K-State Watch Party slash Allyson's Birthday Crew
Sweet Anderson

Can I tell you the greatest thing about this weekend? I got to hold all of my babies (aka niece and nephews) and just sit and enjoy them! Being an aunt is one of the greatest gifts I have ever been given and I don't see these little ones near enough so when I do, and I get the chance to just sit with them, I do it.


On Sunday, Cohen had to go get some blood drawn to make sure that he wasn't jaundice (for anyone curious about jaundice, please contact my brother-in-law who can give you every detail you need to know -- love you, Sam). He was the MOST content 3.5 day unclothed baby ever ... basking under the rays of the heat lamp! His tests came back fine and he is good to go, so we took him to McDonald's for a drink, QuikTrip for a donut and Rally House for K-State gear.


And just like that, my trip came to a close with my parents and sister dropping me off at the airport, followed by me crying... because that's what I do. 


Luckily I came back to these smiling faces (I'm not sure who was more excited - Matt or the kids?) and this view...


And am back in the groove of life.

But for two days, I did nothing but celebrate turning 35, hold babies, drink McDonald's Coke and soak in some family time.

Ohhhh... I also got a quick visit from the Stacey's who were in town to watch the Royals play. So a squeeze from my favorite Max and Anna and Jenna and Josh before I headed out.

This is what I call a Winning Weekend, people!

XXOO,
Allyson

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top