Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Must Have Bottoms for Fall


This is one of those posts that I really would have preferred to have two-three hours completely by myself to go to a store, try things on, switch sizes, wander... 

That is my fantasy life though and my real life involves a very busy 19-month-old and a stroller and snacks and being as fast as possible before she loses her mind! 

So we ventured to Nordstrom on Michigan Avenue and originally, I had planned to take the van because to me, it was just easier than taking the train. But then I saw how much it would be to park, and the train became the more logical option! On the train we went.

And I'm giving you not only five must-have pants for Fall, but I"m giving you life lessons here, people. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT pay so close attention to your phone and get invested in your InstaStories or you WILL forget to pay attention to when it is time to get off the train and miss your stop and get off the train being absolutely clueless as to where you were! 

Luckily when I walked out of the station, I did know where I was, but we had missed our stop by one so we had to backtrack. And the backtrack took us way too long! So in the end, I would have paid the money to park! :) 

Memories, right?!

Anyway... the real point of this post.

I wanted to venture out to Nordstrom to find five pairs of bottoms that everyone needs to have for the Fall (and the winter, too)! The pants are not going to be from JUST Nordstrom, but I knew I'd find quality selection there, so that's where we started. 

Comfy/Dressy


These Trouve High Waist Pleat Front Crop Pants were a bit of a surprise to me. I picked them up not knowing if they'd make the cut or not and surpringly, they did! 

I walked around the dressing room (and around Tess) to get a feel for them. And really, really liked them! I have larger thighs so I loved how they weren't too tight in that area, but then were more fitted past the knee. There are also zippers at each ankle so to be a little less dressy, unzip and voila! 

These get high marks for me and ran true to size! 



Leggings

Not a baby bump. Just a non-beer belly belly. 

I don't know how you all feel about leggings. But I feel like they are a staple in the fall and winter. And I'm here to tell you that it is OK.

It's OK to wear an extremely comfortable pant and not be ashamed of it. 

BUT I will also tell you that there is a rule to leggings to make all of the above true.

Your bum must be covered. 

That's all there is to it! 

If you aren't wearing a long tunic or sweater and your rear can be seen, then you need to put on a different pair of pants! That's all there is to it! 

Now... I put on these leggings from Madewell and let me tell you what was great about them.

     *Thick material
     *High-waisted 
     *Long, but not too long

All things that I 100 percent need in a legging! And at $34.50, I expect them to last me awhile! 



Denim


Though I will highly recommend going and trying things on, I realize that it hard to get to places. For many reasons. Like maybe you want to go alone .... and that's just not an option (see: all of my pics from this blog - thanks, Tess). 

With that in mind, I am 100 percent vouching of these 10" High Rise Skinny Jeans by Madwell. I blogged a few weeks ago about how hard it is to spend so much on clothing, but that when it comes to good jeans, you have to cut yourself some slack. Jeans are something that you ALWAYS have to have. The one item in your closet that doesn't go to the Goodwill pile in a year. So you're allowed to spend more for a quality pair of jeans. 

When I tried these on, I was so surprised how much I was in love with them. They were super comfortable, had the perfect amount of stretch in them (but not so much that they would be falling down your backside half-way through the day) and the high-waist is amazing! 

So if you can find time to go try on some nice jeans, find a Nordstrom and just go try on. Try on MANY pairs so you can spend your chunk of change wisely! But make sure you try these on. You will surprise yourself! 



Jogger Pants

Thanks to yet another wonderful blogger that I follow, I was introduced the Make + Model brand at Nordstrom and ordered a pair of the 'All About it Pants' in black. And I have worn them so many times, I can't even count! The blogger mentioned that they could be pajama pants, but... I can't tell if they are, and I'm pretty sure no one else can tell if they are either. 

So we are going with it! :) 

Of course that exact pant that I love is on markdown right now, which is fantastic, but the only color available is a light grey. So I found a few other options, including the one above that would be great to try (Good Vibes Jogger Pants).

Joggers are so great because I feel like they are the updated, fashionable version of sweatpants. You can wear them with a sweatshirt, you can wear them with a tee. They can be worn on a date night, to a movie, to a football game, to the grocery store. I own quite a few pairs of joggers and honestly love them all! 


Corduroy


I don't know why, but when I think of Fall attire, corduroy is what I think of! So ofcourse, it has to be in the five must-have's! 

I will have to say I haven't ventured far from what I found I loved. And that is Gap Mid Rise Skinny Corduroy Pants. They come in a skinny-style that hit at the ankle which works for me! I do wish they were a little more high-rise but that just shows my age... ;)

A few years ago, they really had a fun color selection, but this season are showing six or so color. This color above is one of my favorites. It goes with so much and is a nice color option for fall and winter! 

I will mention that Old Navy has a pair of cords in their Mid-Rise Rockstar and I have yet to try them but LOVE the Rockstar jeans from there. They are beyond comfortable and stretchy and a great inexpensive option! Color selection isn't great, but they have black which would be great for fall and winter! 



There you have it - what I have believe to be five must-have bottoms for the fall (and winter)! If you have any additions to the list, leave a comment that way everyone that reads can see it! 

XXOO,
Allyson

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top