Friday, December 1, 2017

Friday Favorites


Hello friends!

Happy December 1! Can you believe it?!

It's been a few weeks since I've been on here. We've had lots of family and friends visiting over the last few weeks and this week, I've been working my tail off on Two Dots during any spare time that I have. BUT it's that time of year when Friday Favorites are extra important - it's the season of gifting so I want to be able to help you out in whatever way I can, be it gifts for friends, for yourself, for the guys, for the kids ...

It's a smorgasbord of gift options.

Here we go!


When my mother-in-law asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year, I was brutally honest with her. 

I wanted this Marc Jacobs Natasha Crossbody Bag. And I felt like if I told her I wanted this purse, it would alleviate her having to buy me anything else. Because this would be it! 

So... a month and a few weeks before Christmas, I got this purse! And I'm IN LOVE! 

Once we got rid of Tess's diaper bag and downsized to just a little backpack, I was carrying around my very small (yet very cute) Kate Spade purse... that didn't zip because my wallet was sticking out of it.

Which I thought was sort of an issue. This bag made that a non-issue as well as gave me a little more room to throw a few more things in if I needed to, but not so much room that I was throwing the entire refrigerator in my bag! 

It comes in a smaller one that I also tried... it would have solved the wallet issue, but would have given me no other room for anything besides my wallet. So I went with this classic size and am so happy with it! I use it as a cross body, can still carry Tess in one arm, and am not worried about my wallet getting jacked because it's sticking out of my purse! 

I debated between this color, black and a darker grey. In the end, Matt made the final decision because I literally couldn't decide and would have been happy with any three options! Super happy with it all the way around and am glad to have it in my possession! 



Not sure how your kids feel about the movie Home Alone. But mine (mostly) love it! Sloane is a big fan. Reece was a fan once he realized we wouldn't forget him and fly to Paris without him! 

I was browsing books today at Target to grab for the kids stockings and came across this one - it's cheaper on Amazon at the moment. But how cute is this! The illustrations are so great. And what a fun book to have year-round! 



And in case you missed my Instagram/Facebook post last week, we stopped by the actual 'Home Alone' house and the drove through the area it was filmed in and I was ready to pack up our apartment and move to the suburbs! It's the most picturesque little (expensive) place - I can't wait to go back during the daylight hours! Google Winnetka, Illinois. ;) 

Ask zero questions. Just get this candle ASAP! Have I steered you wrong on seasonal Glade candles yet?! 

I bought these at Target on Thanksgiving night at 11 pm as well as the plug-ins in this scent for the kids rooms. They are amazing!!! 

Overtime I walk in to the Sloane and Reece's rooms, I gladly want to stay and pick up everything/put everything away, rather than walk in and walk back out! ;) 



When Jenna visited Thanksgiving week, I "forced" her to go to DryBar while she was here. DryBar is basically heaven. You go, they wash your hair, they blow dry your hair, they style your hair, and they make it last for days. 

It's true. That is a real place. 

I would go once a week if that was financially possible! And it's honestly, not a bad price. So when you get the chance to go, go! 

They of course have tons of great products that you can snag when you leave, but this shower cap should be the number one thing you leave with - it will help to keep your hair looking great, post shower. I don't know about you all, but I will get into the shower and my hair will be looking workable. I get out of the shower and it's just hanging there, dead as a doornail. 

This shower cap is lined with Terry-cloth to help you keep workable hair as is! 




For that guy in your life who loves to grill... and leave his grill tools outside and scrapes away every time without cleaning anything and is just disgusting. 

Oh wait, did I say that out loud?! :) 

These were on a Facebook ad that popped up one day, I read about them and immediately added to the "Matt Christmas List of 2017". They don't have the wire bristles on the ends which can break off and get in your food (bleh)! So if you have a professional griller in your family, this might be a great gift option! 


And with that gift... I have two deals to tell you about. All next week is Two Dots' annual 5 Days of Deals. Below is a list of the deals for the week: 


These deals are fantastic for those Christmas shopping for the fashion-savvy gals in your life! So take note, add it to the calendar, sticky note your fridge... don't miss out! 

Secondly... Starting today through December 12, I'll be doing the 12 Days of Christmas on my Lips Shop page! A deal a day on LipSense and all SeneGence products. So get ready! And make sure you follow my Facebook page for those deals. 

And after all that, I will be wiped out! So as hopeful as I want to be about returning to regular-scheduled blogging next week, it just might not happen. It might happen the next week... but either way, let's cross fingers life returns to normal soon! ;) 

Have a great weekend! 

XXOO,
Allyson








No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top