Friday, December 15, 2017

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday everyone! And welcome to what is probably my next-to-last Friday Favorites of 2017... next Friday is the kids last day of school and the next day, we leave for Kansas.

"Alleluia. Holy sh*t. Where's the Tylenol?"! (Name that movie!)

And on that hight note...


I've been a nightly chapstick user for years. Every night, right before I go to bed, I swiped on Burt's Bees.

And then I started wearing LipSense.

And what I learned was the reason most lipsticks don't stay on your lips is because of the wax in them. And how that is a reason why your lips tend to get so dry. Same goes for chapstick. If I continued to use a wax chapstick, lips are going to continue to feel dry and it won't help my LipSense-wearing one bit.

So... I started using the LipSense lip balm this summer. And boom. Sold.

It has a nice, silky feel to it and now with the cold weather here to stay, my lips haven't felt cracked like they always do at this time.

If you're a constant chapstick user, give this one a shot. You won't be disappointed! (I've got three available -- good stocking stuffer!)


I need this.

I tried it on in a medium, but needed it a little smaller... but they had no smalls.

SO comfortable and soft and perfect with jeans and my New Balance sneakers or go-to Uggs.

Comes in a really pretty blush pink as well, but I'm digging the white. So Lauren, if you're reading this and Matt asks, like he always does, what I want for Christmas... after you tell him a new desk or kitchen (yes, I've asked for that), tell him this. :) 


Speaking of Uggs... they have upped their shoe game! No longer is it the short or tall basic lined boot, they have now given it some style! 

These are the Elvi Harness Boot and I got a SUPER similar pair for my birthday (thank you Amazon Wish List and my brother-in-law who only buys from the Wish List) and am obsessed! They are so warm and comfy and look really cute with leggings or skinny jeans. 

This is part of the Koolaburra brand of Ugg, which to me means they are Uggs at better prices. These are only $78! I'd go add them to your Amazon cart quickly before they are gone! 



Not sure how many of your hands, during the cold months, get so dry and crack at the cuticles... but mine do and it HURTS. SO. BADLY! 

A dermatologist recommended this to me (I believe I even bought it from the doctors office the first time I got it and paid $22 for it) and I have never been able to find anything better. But am completely open to suggestions! 

This one is thick enough that it feels nice and feels like it's doing a job. I put it on in the mornings and at night before bed. 

I've tired all kinds of lotions specifically for the splits and cracks I get by my nails and this is the only thing that has ever felt like it's worked. 

I've owned many water bottles in my time. Very few did I use. I probably had a Nalgene hanging from my backpack in college NOT because I was planning on drinking tons of water throughout the day, but because everyone else was doing it and it looked cool and healthy.

You know... SO me. 😂

Then came a time in my life when I was really drinking a lot of water and THIS water bottle was the main reason why it was so easy. 24 ounces of water could be swigged down super fast. All because of the straw. 

Then in a weird twist of events, Contigo becomes one of the companies that is under Matt's 'umbrella' at work and I lose all of my water bottles like this... and he tells me he can't find another one for me because ... and I quote "no one uses those anymore." 

What? Who is no one? I am someone and I only use these! 

I told him I would look for a different brand if I had to get a water bottle with a straw. He scoffed. And the next day, came home with this water bottle... in stainless steel. 

I"m back to my water-drinking ways and so happy! You guys... this is a GOOOOOD water bottle. If you're not a good water drinker, this one is for you. You inhale 24 ounces of water without even knowing it! 


Thanks to everyone that reached out to me about my 'Aha Moments' blog post from earlier in the week. Lots of texts and emails with great words of wisdom as well as stories of your own to share. I loved it -- that's exactly why I started this blog was for moments like those. So thank you! 

Have a wonderful weekend and we will see you next week! 

XXOO,
Allyson






No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top