Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Business Life


Friends, if you are new to this blog, then you might not know that I own two businesses.

And that I blog (duh).

And that I'm a mom to three children and a husband who still puts his dishes in the sink rather than the dishwasher and until recently, would throw a bag of laundry from a work trip into the hamper. Still in the bag.

It also should be noted that I'm a CLEAN FREAK. All of those cute sayings of, "Enjoy the mess now, one day you'll miss it!" are directed at me and I swat them away.

And besides liking things to be a certain way (in terms of my home, the direction of a book, the routine of my day...), I'm just your typical stay-at-home mom!





HAAAAA! I mean, get real. I'm the highest form of a looney-tunes version stay-at-home mom. And those that know me know this.

As do I. I mean, the first step in solving a problem is to admit that it's a problem!

I've admitted it that I'm cuckoo-cachoo. What will change?

Eh, probably not much. So I'm just going to keep plowing through life.



My sister and I had wanted to start a clothing store for awhile. I probably just dragged her into doing in like so many things in our life, but she never stopped me! So in 2013, less than a month after her wedding, Two Dots officially opened.

And since then, it has been a labor of love.

When I wanted it to be.

The glorious thing about owning your own business and it being online is that you can work as hard (or not as hard) as you'd like. I had many moments of working my tail off with it.

And then I'd have a baby.

Or we would move (which has happened multiple times since we opened). And then I started selling LipSense (which I also absolutely love and it has been super fun to sell)!

And then you hit a snag... a lull. Because people have forgotten about you! And rightfully so! People lose interest in you pretty quickly if you aren't working hard to keep their interest. It's the way of the world.

I easily could have said, "You know what? It's too much. I'm doing too much. I need to focus on one thing and make it great!" And my, how wise those words are.

But what do I halt? Which one of these things that I enjoy so much do I stop doing? I can't tell you that I love one more than the other.

So I'm not going to stop anything. I'm going to bring Two Dots and my LipSense shop together - so you will definitely see more LipSense info on our Two Dots pages. I'm going to work my tail off to make Two Dots better in many ways.
We've started by just getting a fresh update with a new logo and a new website that is soon to be unveiled.

And this blog? I'd love for it to become more of a lifestyle blog and work in more home decor, more fashion (more Two Dots), more recipes... but for now, it's going to continue to be my 'therapy'. My way of voicing my life to you through words because I'm way better at typing than actually speaking! How I ever majored in public relations at K-State is beyond me!

So to everyone that has followed along on my journey of business(es), motherhood, and crazy life, thank you. I hope I can step up my game for you so that you feel like sharing with others. The more, the merrier!


XXOO,
Allyson

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top