Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday Favorites



Well friends... we made it to Friday. To say it's been a week for the ages is an understatement. Election Day in our country is such an incredible day for so many reasons, but mainly because we are SO lucky to be able to cast our ballot for who we want.

Not who we are threatened to vote for. Not who we are told to vote for.

For who we personally want to vote for.

Though the election may or may not have went as you wanted or expected, the sun will continue to rise. And as my best friend said, "This only teaches me to be a more kind and tolerant person and do better for others."

And she is right!

Be the change you wish to see in the world.  - Ghandi

Let's do some Friday Favorites!

I am on the Sephora Beauty Insiders Club (join it, it's free) and when you shop there, you rack up points and can turn them in at any time for some free sample goodies.

In one of my sample packs, I got a small version of the Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien. And I went through it WAY too quickly! The color is really, really pretty (especially for the Fall) and will look good on everyone.
 When I ran out, I tried to find a replica version via Mac and came home to see if it was close to the same color and it was sorrrrta close but still too dark. So... it's back to Sephora for me to pick this back up!

Last year at Christmas, I received a pair of Minnetonka Moccasin Bootie Slippers (and I love to support homegrown Minnesota whenever possible). And I LOVED/LOVE them! I wanted a pair of slippers that I knew would last me through a few winters. And these will definitely do that!

These are the Chrissy version and they are made with genuine suede and have a thin rubber sole so you can wear them out when you have to walk to the mailbox to grab the mail or on the back porch to tell the dog to get off of your nice porch furniture!

If you don't personally need a new pair of slippers, what a great Christmas gift idea! You'll be loved forever!

My husband is hard to shop for. I mean, if he'd let me pick out his entire wardrobe, that would be fun, but not very exciting for him and he wouldn't really love it. Because Matt has his own style. And that mainly includes blue, blue stripes, blue and white stripes and blue checks.

I love him and blue does look good on him.

But when his birthday rolled around, I was trying to find something fun to get him that I knew he wouldn't scoff at and actually wear!

Hence, these amazing New Balance shoes!

He was actually excited about them because he could wear them to work, they weren't just another sneaker and hey, they looked cool, too!

I had to send back for a different size (I'd size down if you purchase these) and just now as able to find the size I wanted (they are sold out of larger sizes on the New Balance site). But I did eventually find them again and he loves them!

Also... another possible good Christmas gift idea?! ;)

If you have been a Two Dots shopper over the years, you will know that now is about the time when we stock up on our Fleece-lined Leggings!


These leggings are amazing. And comfortable. And cover your belly. And one size fits all (truth). And are $11. We sell out of them so quickly every year so this year we have a good stock to start out with in both black and navy!

I promise you that if you buy these, you will be SO happy that you did. And will never want to take them off!
And the winner of the Morphe Eyeshadow Palette Giveaway is... Casee! I'll be in touch to get your gift to you!

Thanks to everyone who participated!


If you are in the Kansas City area, come see Two Dots tomorrow at Gift Gallery. The doors open at 7:30 am on Saturday and they will have mimosas available until 9 am, then the doors close at 4 pm! There will be over 40 vendors in attendance - and I am almost scared to wander around in fear that I will end up buying what I make with Two Dots! EEK! It's going to be a fun day!

Have a great weekend!

XXOO,
Allyson

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top