Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Essential Oils Loser


Friends, I am an Essential Oils virgin.

I know, basically, zilch when it comes to the world of oils.

People RAVE about them! So I would love to jump on the bandwagon. I have had friends send me samples of oils to try when we first moved to Arkansas and Reece was coughing constantly. They said oils might help!

I tried. They didn't.

But this did not deter me.

At the beginning of the year, I was not sleeping well. And not because of Tess. I just couldn't sleep through the night! I didn't know what to do besides take one of Matt's ambien from his trip to China last year. And though I'm certain that would have given me some much-deserved sleep, it's hard to take one of those when you have three little humans to raise.

Bring in the oils.

My friend Megan sent me a very long list of all the things that oils can do for you. And what she uses them for.

And here I am. Still oil-less. But bumming some off from people.

My neighbor Kaye Brough over a roller named Flu Bomb after kids at school started dropping like flies!

My other neighbor Erin gave me the last of one of her Lavender bottles to try with Tess when she was up for hours at night. She even let me borrow her diffuser to see if that would help.


We are on week two of using the lavender on the bottoms of Tess's feet (and Sloane's last night when she couldn't fall asleep). And though Tess is sort of random on night that she sleeps well, I am feeling like the oils might be beneficial for the Clark's.

But MAN... is it overwhelming!

I am going to buy from Young Living and had thought about buying the essentials starter pack, which comes with small bottles of eight different oils. But then I'm dropping over $120 on oils that I'm still a little skeptical on.

So, here's what I need to know from you all.

Do you use oils and what do you use? What do you suggest?

Sleep is what I want from these oils first and foremost. Secondly, something for baby teething. Third, an oil for stress/anxiety.

From there, I dunno.

I will take any and all feedback!

THANK YOU, OIL LOVERS!


XXOO,
Allyson


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top