Friday, May 5, 2017

Friday Favorites


We've survived another week... this was a long one for me. I'm exhausted and need a beach vacation.

Starting tomorrow!

With that being said...


I'm going to need this shirt for that vacation! This is a Madewell tee via Nordstrom and even if I'm not on an actual vacation, maybe this top will make me feel like I am? Even if I'm changing diapers, yelling at my son to PLEASE get in the car or telling my oldest that she doesn't need to eat any more marshmallows...


If you all have been hunting for some super comfortable, lightweight jogger pants to lounge around in... or wear around doing errands... or being a mom... stop what you are doing and go buy these! They were recommended by a blogger I follow who was about to go on a very long trip and said she wasn't sure if these were considered pajama pants or not, but she didn't care because they were so comfy!

She wasn't lying! I immediately bought them because I love joggers and I'm all about comfy when I'm chasing three tiny people around every day.

They were sold out of the small so I took a chance on the medium. I think the smalls would have maybe fit a tiny bit better, but I love them and am not sending them back! You can tighten or loosen as much as you want and they do get a little baggy as the day goes on, but they aren't falling off of you.



Did I mention how comfy they are? I threw them on with a white tee, my New Balance shoes (that I also highly recommend) and a jean jacket and was ready for the day.

Buy ASAP!
If you are in the hunt for some new makeup brushes, I definitely recommend this brand! This brand of brushes are fairly inexpensive (less than $7) and you can pick out 4-5 that you really would use rather than get 200 brushes that you don't know what to do with!

I bought this one for one of my LipSense customers who purchased BlushSense (yes, we also sell makeup and skincare) for the first time and didn't have a blush brush.

You can also get this brand at Target, which is handy if you want to go and see what brush options there are!

Guys... finding time to make food for my kids has been brutal since we moved. Tess wants me to hold her ALL the time so I don't have free hands.

Which means finding time to make MYSELF something to eat basically doesn't exist.

I started eating Amy's Kitchen frozen meals a few years ago and then since moving into the apartment, they are basically my lunch every day!

They are perfectly portioned and there are some great options if you aren't a picky eater like me. I eat all of the Mexican food options and some of the pasta. Tess likes the black beans, butternut squash and kale. So that's a win!

Check your local freezer aisle if you have the same problem as me and just need something to eat in a rush!

Not trying to toot our own horn here, but Two Dots hit the jackpot on this dress. 

Sometimes I can see something and just know it's going to do well for us. This was that dress. I had to order a second pack to cover the orders we had! 

It's a great tank dress with a scooped back that can be worn with flip-flops or sandals to be dressed down or with some heels to be dressed up. You can't go wrong with this little black dress! 

We still have a few sizes left if you're interested -- just click here




Just got Plum Pretty back in stock for the second time since I started in January. People, colors are hard to come by right now because everything is SOOOO popular (like.. I'm not pulling your leg or trying to make you go, "Oh Allyson, you don't have to pump up this business to us!). I'm dead serious - there are currently ZERO colors for me to purchase right now, it's so popular.

So... I was excited to get my hands on this! This is a great year-round color! I think it's pretty now, will be so great in the Fall as well.

If you're needing some Plum Pretty, let me know! Or click here for all of the other colors I have in stock!


Lastly...

I wanted to give a extremely huge shoutout to all of the teachers out there in this world. This week has been Teacher Appreciation Week at Sloane's school (and schools across the country) and I am 110 percent certain that we should not be thanking these teachers five days out of the year. You should be thanking them CONTINUOUSLY! These people should be paid the highest salaries in our country, but sadly, they are barely paid. But don't you worry -- all of those legislators that continue to take away from education were once taught by wonderful teachers that got them to where they are. But they seem to forget that.

I grew up with two of the very best educators -- I know there were times that people probably felt like they could do their jobs better than my parents. And to all of those that EVER thought that, I triple dog dare you to go and be a teacher or an administrator for five days.

You will never complain again.

So to all of the former and current janitors, paras, aides, teachers, administrators out there reading this... THANK YOU. Thank you for all that you do to better our children. You couldn't pay me a million dollars to do what you do! You also couldn't pay me a million dollars to walk in a teacher's store again. I spent too many minutes of my childhood in those!!! :)


Crossing fingers you all have a dry, rain-free weekend! I'd take a sunny and warm Saturday in a heartbeat!

Happy Friday!

XXOO,
Allyson

1 comment :

  1. ❤️❤️❤️ (hearts for Amy's meals, teacher shout outs, and you!)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top