Friday, May 19, 2017

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday friends! Welcome to the final edition of Friday Favorites from Arkansas -- unless by some chance I actually find time next Thursday evening or Friday morning to sit down and do this on the last day of school/the day before we officially leave the Land-o-Hogs behind!

Who knows?1 Maybe I'll have a last second burst of energy!

If by chance I don't (😂), I will return to you from my parent's office space in Manhattan, Kansas, where we will be bunking out until our housing situation finally situates itself in Illinois.

Can we just get some extra prayers and fingers and toes crossed that that will happen soon? Not because I'm not excited about living with my parents again. If I were going to choose who to hang out with, it would probably be them.

But I do not want them to get sick of us. Which I feel like could happen rather quickly!

Anyway... Friday Favorites, here we go!

It is that time of year. Pool season! I think we officially kicked it off last Sunday by going to the Splash Pad the day it opened! 

Pool season for us the last few years has been an almost daily occurrence. In our old neighborhood, they have the most legit pool that we lived at during the summer months! And I snagged some Target swim coverups and I have one from Old Navy that does the trick.

But then I saw this coverup on Brickyard Buffalo and had to share! It's so cute, especially if you have a suit that either has no straps, or small straps like this. It's so cute and will for sure make you the talk of the  pool! :) It's only available through the weekend for $21.90 so make your purchase soon!

I'm not sure if you all know this.

But I love JCrew Factory. 😜 For those that really don't know, I will just save you the hassle of reading past blog posts, but I spend a lot of time talking about this store. 

But for good reason!

The clothes are classic, good quality and good prices. 

And this dress is a great example of all three of those things! I LOVE this color during summer. It's a mix between a tomato red and a coral. It's so pretty and I'm trying to think of who this would look bad on... and I'm drawing a blank. 

It also comes in black ... and did I mention it's only $36.50?! 


And to go with your cute new pool coverup or new shirtdress is this adorable beach bag from Sole Society

It comes in an off-white as well, which I loved, but I know that my little grubby-handed adorable children would want to touch and so off-white just isn't in the cards for me at this time in my life.

This bag is definitely big enough to fit books, extra change of clothes, towel, etc. 

Free shipping over $50 at Sole Society. A definite must have! 

I came across these sandals on a bloggers Instagram page the other day and had to do a little digging to find them.

But I found them -- Dolce Vita's Para Slides. Love them. 

Love them, love them, love them! I think its just a cute and maybe edgier sandal - and by edgy, I mean as edgy as this anti-edgy person can get! They come in four different colors and the straps transition to a different color.

They ARE pricey at $120, but if you haven't shopped on Dolce Vita's site, then you can enter you email address and get an additional 15 percent off.

I haven't blogged about this yet, but... I started working out at Burn Bootcamp about two weeks ago. It was recommended to me by one of my former Chapman Cheerleaders (Go Irish!) who is about to open one up in Overland Park (for all my KC girls)! 

You guys... it's awesome. It's a 45 minute class and I leave sweating and out of breath. Which is the greatest feeling! 

If you are in the hunt for something to get you in shape and kick your rear, find your nearest Burn Bootcamp! 

ANYWAY -- the last thing the instructor always says before we leave the class is to remember to drink LOTS of water and try and eat 30 grams of protein shortly after class is over. I'm such a picky eater that it's hard for me to find much! 

I was at Wal-Mart though and found these little packets - almost like Lunchables - that have a meat, cheese, almonds and cranberries in them which are perfect for me to snack on and eat right after class.

But I found one that had a small thing of chocolate covered pretzels. Yeah. I'm not going to say much except to say YUMMMMM!!!!! It's a quick and tasty treat, as long as you don't eat the entire bag! :) 


And I'm going to call it a wrap today! I'm going to post about my new facial cream from SeneGence that I tried and really like, but right now, I need to wrap it up! :) 

Everyone have a fantastic weekend! 

XXOO,
Allyson

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top