Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Current Life State


Soooo.... yeah. 

For those of you that do not know me well, let me fill you in.

I'm a clean freak. And not just a kinda sorta clean freak when people are coming over to visit.

I'm a clean freak 120 percent of the time.

I don't clean up at the end of the day. I clean up after the mess is made. And we don't usually make messes in my house. To most, they would be described as a "few things out". To me, it's a mess.

I'm not sure at what point in my life I became obsessed with things being in their place, the carpet being vacuumed constantly, crumbs not being stepped on, handprints on the counters not being visible.

But I will tell you it is not normal. And there are not many of us out there in this world. Ironically, out of the 236 of us in the United States, my neighbor Lis is one of them. We share this bond.

But when you are moving from a house that you have kept clean since day eight of living there, its current state is hard to handle.

This past week, we were in the midst of packing up what we would need to survive for two months while we moved to our short-term housing apartment since our house sold and new owners move in the first of April.

I must preface this by saying that we are BEYOND lucky that Matt's company pays to move us. This includes packing our entire house up, loading our entire house up (in a truck), driving our stuff to a new location, unloading our stuff and unpacking our stuff.

I don't know what will happen when the day comes that I have to pack my own stuff up and move it myself.

I might just say screw it, we are getting new stuff!

But for now, this is how the process goes for us.

And when you see the pictures below, I'm telling you, it took ALOT (alotalotalotalotalotalot) for me to just deal with the look of it. I wanted to vacuum/wipe/mop/steam everything. But I knew there was no point when packers were coming.









Friends, these pictures fully represent my house at the moment, as well as my brain. A complete jumbled, crazy, needs to be lysoled mess!

And this will pass. In a few days, our house will be packed up. Cleaners will come make sure it's clean (something I'd love to do, but don't have time for it) and a new family will move in and unload their stuff.

I might leave them a note telling them there is a good chance an Amazon package might show up, our exterminator is the greatest (and cheapest), our neighbors are above-and-beyond.

And this house is the least germiest house you will ever live in.

We just won't show them these last few pictures!


XXOO,
Allyson

1 comment :

Back to Top