Friday, September 16, 2016

Friday Favorites




















Friday favorites is something new I'm going to try, just listing out a few of my favorite things from quotes to beauty products from technology to people. I might currently own what I'm talking about or I might be really wanting to own what I'm talking about … or maybe it will be free, that would be a true winning moment! So… here we go!


 

Last night I was washing my face with my Mia 2 and thinking of today's blog post and immediately knew that this had to be my first No. 1 Friday Favorite. Because I love it. And it has now been a daily favorite since I got it for my birthday (which is now 14 days away) LAST year.

I am not one that has 30 different products that I use to wash, clean and purify my face every night and morning. I just can't do it. For a few reasons. One being that I have no clue what I should be using and two… I don't know what I should be using.

I got the idea that I needed this after reading a blog post from Mix-n-Match Mama on this very topic. So when I got this for my birthday, I was thrilled!  I finally feel like I'm doing all the right things for my face in one swoop! This thing takes about one minute to use and my face feels so amazing afterwards.

My Mia 2 came with two cleansing brushes, a travel container, a charger and a travel size cleanser. You start on your forehead and the brush beeps when it's time to move to your nose and chin, then beeps and you move to each cheek and voila, you're finished!

You can buy different brush heads if you have more sensitive or oily skin. You can also buy a brush head to use  on your feet. Seriously, it's amazing!

They also came out with a Mia Fit which is more lightweight and looks to be easier to travel with only because it's smaller.

But seriously -- add this to your birthday or Christmas list and you'll be so happy you did!


                                                      Striped Hacci Shift Dress

Patiently waiting for this dress to arrive at Two Dots. And also not so patiently waiting for the arrival of Fall weather to wear said dress.

I LOVE this dress! It's going to be perfect with booties and a jean jacket this season. And this is one I'm going to go out on a limb and say that almost all of our Two Dots fans will also be craving it.

PLUS it has a hidden pocket. PLUS it can be worn with leggings.

There is nothing better in life than an extra pocket and leggings. Can I get an Amen?!

Dress should arrive to the shop by my birthday. Winning!




            Feetures! High Performance Light Cushion No Show Tab Sock

I finally got to return to the world of working out about a month ago when Tess turned six months old (which is how old she had to be to go back to the Kids Center at our gym). I hate running but had found when we lived in Minnesota that it was really the only way for me to lose weight. So back to running I went! 

And after my first run in my tennis shoes that I probably hadn't put on in over a month, I got a blister. Which is normal. But what is also normal is for that blister to heal quickly and we all move on and don't have to wear band aids. 

My blister did not heel. In fact it got worse and I ended up taking myself to urgent care to ask the kind nurse practitioner why I was getting old and having blisters that didn't heal? 

It has since healed and all is well. But I knew I needed to find a more cushioned shoe and a better sock. And thanks to Emily Jackson over at Ivory Lane who started blogging about the NYC Marathon she is training for, she recommended these socks for no more blisters! She also recommended a few other items I'm adding to my birthday list (that is 14 days away). 

If you work out alot and/or run, add these to your list! You can get them on Amazon or on the Feetures website - if you sign up for their newsletter you get 20% off your first purchase!


                                      Perspective from Team Braden Luke

Friends, I do not know Sol and Rachel Scott personally, but I do remember them from college. Both are K-State grads and currently reside in Beaumont, Texas with their four children. Their son Braden went to urgent care one afternoon because he was ill, but they didn't think too much of it. But it has flipped their world upside down -- he was eventually diagnosed with acute flaccid myelitis. He went from a thriving little boy starting school to one who can barely move (but IS moving) and barely speak (but he IS speaking).

I started following their Facebook posts (search Team Braden Luke) and keep up with them and where they are at. They recently got moved from the hospital in Houston to one in Dallas, but there family is split up as the parents take turns with Braden in Dallas and the other kids stay in Beaumont.

I, like any other normal parent, have those moments where I can only see the negative. It is 100 percent normal to do this. I think about my Reece and what we have been learning about him over the past two years and how we never thought we would have children that would be 'different' in any sort of way. So I sometimes find myself wallowing in my own self-pity. Why can't Reece be like everyone else?

I almost always follow this up by reminding myself that things could be so, so, so much worse. He is a healthy, thriving little boy who just has a few more challenges than most. HE doesn't know that. But I do.

But then I read the post from Rachel, Braden's mom, and it brings me back to reality. It brings me 'perspective'. Everyone has their own issues, their own stuff to deal with. And it's all important. And it will all get figured out.

Thank you to Rachel, who is dealing with scary real life that you never think you'll deal with, to point that out!



Thanks for reading along with me this week, friends! It's been fun to return to the blogging world!

Have a great weekend!

XXOO,
Allyson

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top