Friday, December 16, 2016

Friday Favorites


So... we're down to nine days until Christmas. And for the first time in a long time, I'm done Christmas shopping.

As in everyone on MY list is shopped for.

My husband? A different story. But I can't do it all, honey... so best of luck (can you feel my empathy?)! :)

We begin our Christmas adventures this next week so blogging for me will be a little sporadic. I'll be thrilled if I get one post up before New Years! Here's hoping!
So ... not sure if you all have heard of her before, but The Pioneer Woman lives less than an hour from my hometown! Ofcourse this means that I feel like we were destined to be friends.

We haven't met yet, but I know it will happen!

Maybe if I can get to her new store/restaurant in Pawhuska, The Mercantile, the legendary faux meeting will happen and our budding friendship will spark!

Anyway... a set of polka dot bowls had popped up on my Facebook feed from her store, but ofcourse are sold out, so I perused and found these Batter Bowl Measuring Cups. That I love and I know would get good use out of at our house and possibly yours!

You get a set of four mixing cups in four bright colors... for $16. Not only is she suppose to be my BFF, but she has good quality and good prices at her store!

See you soon, Ree!

Ladies, the Loft is having a 50% sale on sweaters, outerwear and cold weather accessories. When I pulled up the e-mail from them earlier this week, I literally started adding everything to my cart. I since then got realistic and narrowed it down, but this is definitely in the cart!

This blazer is perfection and the color is so pretty and the perfect pop during the dreary winter months. It's also a great fall-weather blazer so I feel like you'll get great use out of this! Plus with the no-collar shirt underneath, I just want the entire look.

It's available in sizes 0-16 and will run you around $60! THIS is a forever closet piece!

Last week, one of my sorority sisters tagged me in a post by Charlie Hustle about their new K-State shirts and I was so thankful she did because they immediately went on my Christmas list (better late than never, right?).


Charlie Hustle also got me with this amazing video ... nothing is truer than this!




Let's see ... I'm not afraid to tell you to shop at stores from your teenage days and I'm going to keep doing it.

This time, we're talking American Eagle. But ... this time, it's vintage-style collegiate t-shirts that are too cool to pass up!

Sadly, my team is not associated with this because K-State doesn't like to have fun when it comes to allowing others to use their logo/brand. Which is why you never see super fun K-State shirts unless you see above (thanks Charlie Hustle!).

Anywho, there are lots of colleges on here and the shirts are super cute! Check out the site if you're in the hunt! They sell both men and women.

What is your favorite Christmas movie? I love so many movies and every year, I'm sad that I don't seem to make it through even two movies other than Elf and The Santa Claus (two classics at our house).

I love, love, love White Christmas, Home Alone, Polar Express, It's a Wonderful Life, Love Actually, Family Stone... but my all-time favorite Christmas movie is not one you can find on DVD. Because it was a TV special back in 1987!

The Muppets - A Muppet Family Christmas is one that I hold dear to my heart. I love the Muppets! What makes them even better as an adult is because their humor is soooo meant for adults. Thank you Jim Henson! 

Luckily for me when I was younger, my mom had recorded it on VHS so every year I got to watch it. She had recorded over some Dudley Moore movie so every once in awhile, you'd see this guy pop in and out.


Anyway, I found 'The Muppets - A Muppet Family Christmas' on YouTube for your viewing pleasure! Pull your kiddos up and enjoy!




And if I don't talk to you before Christmas ...

Have the most merriest of Christmases friends and thanks so much for following along these past few months!


XXOO,
Allyson

PS. HUGE Two Dots sale this weekend only before we wrap it up for the year -- 50% off the entire store Dec. 16-18! Shop away!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top